2001 600 SXR suspension

Taylor-made

My daughters 600 SXR suspension does not ride very well. I have read things that people have upgraded the suspensions to other brands or different suspensions. What are your thoughts and what's best to look for. I'm looking at something that will bolt in without much modifications. I've also seen M10 under different Yamaha's. I've seen SC10 from skidoos being mounted also for a better ride. I'm guessing my rear shocks are shot, but not sure if rebuilding or replacing them will make it a good ride.

Brian

Many good choices including tuning the Proaction. Any change in skid will require carefully locating and reinforcing new mount holes. Use the accurate measurements and make a template.

The Yamaha Mono skid is a very good upgrade. The Proactive skids are better too. However, many other brand skids also provide a greatly improved ride. The SC10-III (SC3) is a very good riding skid. The M10 has been passed up imo and no longer is the benchmark it once was.

I would see what is available near you and use it. The condition of the shocks and springs will be the key factor as these skids usually go for cheap, but if parts or rebuilds needed the price doubles and more. So find a great riding skid with everything in good condition and go for it.

Measure twice drill once (or in my case measure about 10 times and then drill) :-)

Tuning the Proaction will only get you some improvement - still won't compare to the newer skids.

Back