A year after heel clicker install and my primary spring is showing signs of contact

Yamidude

Hello all! It’s been a while since I posted and I’m back to tinkering with the Viper again. I currently have it apart to install a new track, bearings, hyfax and inspect the drive chain, etc.. While I was check things out, it occurred to me that something scary was happening in my clutch. Some of the paint has been worn away and it’s got me worried.

Quick back story, last year I installed a Heel Clicker fly weight set, 15 mm rollers, used the red spring and used the following weights, 4.5 grams on heel, 4.3 mid and 3.4 tip. I probably only put 300 miles on it after that and it ran great. But after a quick look tonight, something isn’t right and it’s got me worried. Any suggestions? Attached is a photo....thanks in advance.39B3EF21-88E0-44F1-96A8-0D8FBD390583.jpeg

looks the same as my dad's 05 sx venture with the same set-up. both my spare red primary springs look like that as well.

looks the same as my dad's 05 sx venture with the same set-up. both my spare red primary springs look like that as well.

That makes me feel better! If this isn’t out of the ordinary then hopefully it’s not something to worry about. Thanks for the reply!

Back