stator? battery? what a mistery??

MR. X

Hello all,

I have a 2001 MM700 with estart and reverse. I found that if I unplug the battery,the sled won't start. ( do not know why! ) even on the manual crank. Last week, I've tried to start...nothing... so I putted the charger on the battery for 4 hours. Tried and rthe sled started in a second.

This morning, I started the sled and everything was fine. Sled started in a second. I ran about 10 minutes, then it stopped ... retry the starter... nothing... then tried the manual crank...nothing. Had no choice to go back home and get the trailer....

What could have cause this suden stop? Compression seems perfect. but the fact that the starter didn't worked at all, made me to have concerns on the battery or even the stator. Any help will be very appreciated!

That is odd, I removed my battery out of my 700 venture without issue. Does it loose spark?
I would check your stator and make sure all thee circuits ohms are in spec

That is odd, I removed my battery out of my 700 venture without issue. Does it loose spark?
I would check your stator and make sure all thee circuits ohms are in spec

Not to hijack thread. Vincent could you give me a rundown of how you removed electric start? My Kid has 02 vmax 600 we bought it was missing the ring gear and we want to take it all off. Not sure if I should get a sxr wire harness to delete it. I know it needs a battery installed or smoothing condensers if removed. Thanks

I found a 10 amp broken resistance and also found a high heat at one of the voltage regulator. Will start with this amd see later. How to check the stator?

Last edited:
Change voltage regulator and the resistance. Fired right up and did a 125 km ride! Per chance all was ok. Still a bit nervous!

Back