Viper YPVS delete...

Triple Yam

Hey everyone, new to posting but read the forums often. I acquired a viper this year that had a blown motor. Long story short I built a Red top and dropped it in place of the original motor. Everything works great and now I’m thinning things out on the electrical. I’ve cleaned everything up aside from the YPVS. Of course with now power valves hooked up its not happy. I’m sure when the motor first starts up it tests for resistance and such on the motor. I hope I’m not the only one that’s dropped a Red head in the Viper chassis. Now I need to pick some brains on fooling or deleting the YPVS system so my check engine light stops flashing. Any insight? Let me know if you need more info. 2002 Bioer with a 2002 Red top motor. All the viper electrical intact.

Hey everyone, new to posting but read the forums often. I acquired a viper this year that had a blown motor. Long story short I built a Red top and dropped it in place of the original motor. Everything works great and now I’m thinning things out on the electrical. I’ve cleaned everything up aside from the YPVS. Of course with now power valves hooked up its not happy. I’m sure when the motor first starts up it tests for resistance and such on the motor. I hope I’m not the only one that’s dropped a Red head in the Viper chassis. Now I need to pick some brains on fooling or deleting the YPVS system so my check engine light stops flashing. Any insight? Let me know if you need more info. 2002 Bioer with a 2002 Red top motor. All the viper electrical intact.

You can leave the servo plugged in just remove the cables.. We remove the cables on the Apex YPVS and the Motorcycle YPVS, as soon as you unplug them, it will toss a code.

I’ve put the servo back on, but removed the cables prior to doing so. Originally ran machine with it off and figured putting the servo back on might get rid of the code. I’m guessing in the order I did it the servo is not seeing the correct operation with the cables off?

roudyroy1 - yes I am using the Viper ECU.

Really? I know this is not the point of this thread but I have to ask how that is working out? I thought the viper CDI had a lot hotter timing curve.

Really? I know this is not the point of this thread but I have to ask how that is working out? I thought the viper CDI had a lot hotter timing curve.

It’s been great! 2002 Viper with a 2002 Deep powder special redhead swap. Put the stator and flywheel from the Mountain Max on it and everything else was plug and play. Pulls real hard to 9000rpm+. Need to do clutch work now as this motor has way more power than designed.

Back