Viper plug diagnosis

CwarMN

Can anybody help me with this. I put new plugs in and rode for about 2 hours. Pulled them when I got home and the mag and pto side plugs look normal, actually rich, but the center plug looks almost new/untouched. I used an ignition tester and they are all firing normally. I thought maybe the center wasn't getting good fuel/oil, but I then I thought if that were the case the jug would have burned down after two hours of riding. A bit baffled by this one. viper plugs.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. Did you clean the pilots pre season. Something is leaning it back a touch.

Welcome to the Forum. Did you clean the pilots pre season. Something is leaning it back a touch.

Thank you Mac. I've been coming here since I bought the sled last winter, I've just been sitting quietly in the background and trying to learn more about the mighty triples. I hadn't ridden since back in the 80's on my Enticer 340.
Anyways, yes I cleaned the carbs and power valves before the season.

Another possibility is an unmetered air leak on center cylinder.
Top hat in center hole might be restricting fuel flow .... ethanol snot plugging up the plumbing. There's a screen in there that can become restricted...

i just went through a similar issue, it was the spark plug, I swapped the plugs around and the lean condition followed the plug, not sure why but this new plug reacted strange, dont know why but when I put a used plug in it showed a good burn, dont know if certain new plugs take some time to reveal the cylinder burn properly

Back