piped 97 vmax sx mid range bog

Dirtyredvmax

Hey all, I have a 97 600sx twin with psi pipes. Main jets are 152.5, 45 pilots, and clips in the .5 position. Riding around 700 ft of elevation. I would like some opinion on troubleshooting a problem I am having or some similar setups that have worked for some of you.

Cruising around 40 mph then open up the throttle it’ll bog then you have to let off the throttle and hit it again until everything is just right then she’ll put out some RPMs and scream. If you open the throttle from a stop it’ll run just fine getting up to full speed. If you open up the throttle at 50 mph it’ll also open up just fine. Just around the 40 mph mark it just doesn’t like. I’m not sure if it’s a clutch problem or a fuel mixture problem. It’s not a huge issue but just very annoying when you’re trying to get on the throttle and she won’t give. I've also noticed going wot for a longer period of time and reaching full speed it will cut out and backfire, when this happens I let off the throttle and am able to get right back on it. Thanks in advance.

when was the fuel filter last done? carbs cleaned recently?

how many miles on the primary clutch spring? when where clutches last cleaned?

Fuel filter probably has never been changed, I am going to take a look into doing that. Carbs have been cleaned this off season. Probably around 3000 miles on the clutches and are due for a cleaning. Rollers and weights are all looking good and moving freely.

I replaced the float valve and seat so we are good there. Mine doesn't have that screen on the end of it and doesn't show up on the schematic either. I am also getting very poor gas mileage and read another thread where the main nozzle was worn out, part #5 on the schematic, but I haven't been able to find one for sale online.

Back