2003 SXviper reverse install

mkpgt

Hey guys, I have a 2003 SXviper and I just installed a reverse kit on it. Everything bolted up fine but I cannot seem to locate the wire lead for the reverse microswitch. Is there a lead on the sled that is tucked somewhere that connects to the microswitch or is there another cable that should have come with the reverse kit that I may be missing?

If anyone has a SXviper with the reverse would you please post a picture of the shifter mechanism with the microswitch?

Thanks!

Don't know for sure but I think that is for the backup buzzer. Your non reverse sled may not have come with it. All my Yamaha's had reverse from the factory so not sure what the install process looks like. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow of one of mine.

So those 2 wires come off the switch and route somewhere behind the handlebars. I think they come back down to the alarm that you can see on the lower left side just above the footwell.

I bought a complete chaincase with reverse for my 03 sx viper. Since it's a box of parts, does anyone have the installation instructions? I saw a link on other posts but it's now a dead link.

Back