97 Vmax 700sx

cjv004

Why does my 97 VMAX 700SX eat hifaxes? all the wheels, bearings and hifaxes were replaced on 12/20/04 and the hifaxes are shot already. Is this normal. I have about 455 miles on them. I'm not an abusive rider so what gives? Is it just the suspension on the 97 models? Jim

Mine have been at the line all season this year and were there last season too. Let them get to the line and keep and eye on them.

They go to the line fast then stop wearing. Go in the tech pages and there is more info on this, pull up limiter strap, over sized wheels, ect ect.

Tod

drill a couple holes in the slides at the wear areas, that way you can see for certain how much hyfax material you have left. Tod is right, they wear fast to the wear line, then dont really wear anymore unless you are in really bad conditions. I still have the factory set of hyfax on my SXR with 5,500 miles on them, and there is still a good 1/4" left. Also, when you put on a new set of slides, get them REAL hot by going WFO down a road or some place with no snow on it until you can smell and feel them melting, and then quickly pull into some powder snow for a little while to cool them off quickly. This hardens the hyfax material, and makes them last a LOT longer.

run your track as loose as you can without ratcheting. would make a difference, or at least it should. how I run mine and it works great, can get a lot of miles out of mine

Back