96 Vmax 600 Fuel pump

VMAX_Venom

so I rebuilt the carbs in my machine last night went to start it and im not getting fuel into the bowl checked all the lines are hooked correctly from pump to carbs and line from engine vacuum to pump are all good. I pulled the line off the pump that comes from the tank and I have fuel at the line when turn it over with my thumb over the draw fitting on the pump it doesnt feel like its pulling much if at all (yes i also checked to make sure im pulling vacuum from the motor) im assuming one of the diaprahms in the pump is shot. so my question is does any one know of a fuel pump rebuild kit for this particular machine Fuel pump OEM Part number is 89A-24410-01-00 if that helps. i cant seem to find anything for a rebuild kit for the pump and really cant justify spending another 100 on a machine I got for free.

P.S. Yes machine ran before carb rebuild but sluggish hence the rebuild and cleaning

welcome.

some times when starting a sled after it has been sitting for awhile, or the float bowls are empty, you need to pull a spark plug and put gas in one cylinder (i prefer premix) to get it to pump hard enough to fill the bowls as cranking pulse might not be strong enough to pump fuel.

welcome.

some times when starting a sled after it has been sitting for awhile, or the float bowls are empty, you need to pull a spark plug and put gas in one cylinder (i prefer premix) to get it to pump hard enough to fill the bowls as cranking pulse might not be strong enough to pump fuel.
It ran all last winter until the end of the season it started getting very boggy on the top end hence why I tore apart and rebuilt the carbs, when i got the jets out both high speed jets were completely clogged so naturally I assumed problem solved until I got it put back together and tried to start it after about 15 minutes turning the key and even a little shot of starting fluid (which it did fire on but died right away) i opened the drains on the carbs and only got maybe a thimble full of fuel out of both carbs. I did pull the pulse line off the fuel pump and covered it with my thumb while cranking and it seems to be pulsing plenty hard. I also am not getting any fuel in the pulse line which i know usually will happen with a failed fuel pump diaphragm but im kind of at a loss

Curious if you ever found one, I never did last year (same situation same year). I don't think anyone makes kits for these taiyogiken pumps. I was going to replace it with a Mikuni from a Polaris of similar displacement but ultimately decided to buy a used one on eBay.

Back