Ultrasonic cleaners

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
More and more I have been thinking about purchasing one of the utrasonic cleaners on the market and would like to get one with the capacity to fit an entire carb rack in one piece,but I'm not sure if these cleaners would destroy the gaskets in the carb bodies or not.Obviously the float bowls and all the jets would be taken out to be cleaned separately with the o rings for the bowls removed as well as any other rubber parts.I generally keep my carbs cleaned by hand anyway but the odd time I do a little maintenance for others that are not as diligent and a cleaner would be perfect.The only gaskets I would be concerned about is the ones for the fronts of the carb bodies between the front plate and the main body.Anyone try one of those Ultra sonic cleaners and had any gaskets deteriorate on them?

Have you ever used CLR on a carb? An old-timer showed me this many years ago. It takes 5 min of soak time and the surfaces are like showroom new. dissolves all mineral deposits and does not affect aluminum, brass, bronze, rubber or steel.

More and more I have been thinking about purchasing one of the utrasonic cleaners on the market and would like to get one with the capacity to fit an entire carb rack in one piece,but I'm not sure if these cleaners would destroy the gaskets in the carb bodies or not.Obviously the float bowls and all the jets would be taken out to be cleaned separately with the o rings for the bowls removed as well as any other rubber parts.I generally keep my carbs cleaned by hand anyway but the odd time I do a little maintenance for others that are not as diligent and a cleaner would be perfect.The only gaskets I would be concerned about is the ones for the fronts of the carb bodies between the front plate and the main body.Anyone try one of those Ultra sonic cleaners and had any gaskets deteriorate on them?
I have a 30Litre ultrasonic cleaner with heater. So far everything for my sleds fits easily. Carb racks, two cylinders with heads, clutches, crankcase halves. Does a pretty good job. Takes a few 30 min cycles followed by light brushing and compressed air. It is a non solvent unit so it will not take off severe gasoline varnish from carbs. Would need to pre-soak first.

Back