SRX Reverse ???

4strokesmoke

So I picked up a really clean 01 SRX and I happen to have a reverse kit off of a 02 viper laying around. I'm unsure of cutting up the hood and affecting the performance of the sled with the reverse. Am I being dumb overthinking about this? What do you guys think??

others have put them on with an aftermarket silencer as i have heard there is a clearance issue with the stock can. never done it personally but read a few guys that did it on here.

The stock can will fit but the reverse gear case pushes it really close to the bellypan so you may want to use some heat reflective tape or muffler wrap to protect plastic areas.

So I started installing the reverse Saturday and it went pretty smoothly. I'm running a bender can so clearance issues are not a problem. i don't understand why some needed a longer coolant hose since mine seems to clear everything nicely, the only issue I'm having now is finding longer bolts and spacers to a fix the reverse lever plate to make it mount nice and solid. Its amazing Yamaha has all the mounting holes and fixtures to add reverse and never offer it as a factory option. I'm also thrilled it will have the same 23/38 tooth gearing!

Back