95 VMAX 600 dx center shock.

Sportfish1

Has anyone come up with a replacement for this unicorn? Can't rebuild or find new. Is there a work around? Thanks in advance!

according to port yamaha's online fiche this is a part # for that shock with spring

SHOCK ABSORBER
8BN-47480-00-00

shows still availible from yamaha.

still availible from kimpex as well

That's the rear shock, I need the center shock. 477481-00. I have a new rear shock already. Thanks though.

sry, looks like you are going to have to find it by dimensions and possibly fab some custom bushings to mount it in your sled. might be that some pro action ones for the short travel might fit.

i do have a used one but it is part of a whole suspension for a vmax 500/600 st that i have and not willing to part with it yet as i have plans for a st legnth skid. the ex570 had a similar system from what i am seeing but i never had one.

where are you located?

I'm in Duluth, I have some things to learn, I can admit that. That was my thought on length etc. I just need to do the research.
Thanks

Here’s a post from a long time ago. I dont know how different the center shock on a dx compared to the 96xt. But I did find that a short travel SRX center shock fit perfect.

Back