HELP! 2001 Enticer II Wiring

Houski

Good evening guys,

I bought a 2001 Enticer II 410 recently. Pretty clean sled, and it runs well. Anyways, it was used at a ski resort, and as such, it had a siren wired into the high beam switch...

So I decided to install a light bar on the sled, and figured I could use the high beam switch that had the siren on it. Anyways, after taking out the siren, and opening up the handlebar cover I found some very strange wiring. The headlight harness was not attached. Instead there was a red jumper wire running from the green to the yellow on the switch side, and the two wires that ran from the siren were plugged into the yellow and green on the other part of the harness. Also, the handlebar warmers were not working. On the left bar, there were two black wires with bullet connectors, one ran to tow yellow/red wires which had been spliced together, and the other black was connected to a black wire? I couldn't figure out what these did?

Anyways, I installed the light bar, with a wiring harness, and ran the power to a battery, and used the existing wires that I cut the siren off of...but when I tried to turn the light on, it blew the fuse...I tried pretty well everything I could think of, and no matter what I did, every time I flipped the highbeam switch, it just blew the fuse attached to the light bar...Now, when I removed the jumper wires, and put the headlight harness back together, the highbeam functioned as it should.

Any ideas on what's going on? I'm not super handy with wiring, but I can do the basics.

At this point, I may leave the headlight harness together, and wire in a new switch for the light bar (the lightbar works if it's got it's own switch, and isn't wired into the headlight switch).

I'll take some photos of the handlebar area, and see if this makes any sense to any of you guys.

Thanks,

Rob

that sled has an ac lighting system even if it is electric start. might be better to leave the light bar on the switch.

Sorry guys. Blew up the transmission on my truck...I'm having a week here.

Ah, well that makes a lot of sense! Definitely will wire up a separate switch for it. Thank you Maim.

I'll get some photos posted tonight. I'm pretty lost as to what is going on with the wiring up there. It has been all sorts of switched around, and I don't know what is supposed to be what.

Thanks,

well i can see if i have time to pull my bar cover off tomorrow and get you some pics. i only modded my wiring by making a small harness that linked into the dash lights on mine through existing plugs for my heated visor/rocks power supply.

So this what I got going on here. Originally, the black and the white that are disconnected were tied into the headlight harness, and rand down to a homemade inline fuse to connect to the battery (which was an option that this particular sled didn't have. There were also a red and a black coming from the original wiring harness that was wired into this??? Any ideas on what that was?

Originally, the headlight harness was not attached, and was bypassed so that the lowbeam would be on all the time, and the highbeam switch would activate the siren.

DSC_1444.JPGDSC_1445.JPGDSC_1446.JPGDSC_1447.JPG

i added e start to mine. looking like they tapped into either the charging feed for the regulator/battery. get you pics of those plugs and with the bar cover off.

Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on really. Seeing one that hasn't been messed with would go a long way! That's for sure. Would be nice to get the bar warmers back and working again as well.

You have a tester? I believe the yellow with red tracer is the 12v, one on the black wired from the factory harness shoudl be ground. Some of the blacks are not factory.

Bullet connection are hand warmers. Plug with green blue and yellow wires is dimmer sw. bk with white and yellow stripe are kill sw.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
I do have a tester yeah. Thanks, that's some good info! Yeah, there were so may sirens, and warning lights on this thing at one time or other, I was pretty lost, but things are starting to make sense!

Bullet connection are hand warmers. Plug with green blue and yellow wires is dimmer sw. bk with white and yellow stripe are kill sw.
Thanks, that clears things up quite a bit. Does the handwarmer need to be wired up to a battery, or does it run off the stator?

hand warmers run off of stator, with them either being on or off. no variable setting. they run in series as well.

looks like some one replaced throttle grip and the wires are missing for the heating element in it in the pic before the one with the fuse in the square plug.

site would not let me post it but where your fuse is is plugged into a 10a fuse on my sled. try again tomorrow for it.

Back