Need help- full throttle at start up

Oldsx

My son and I got our 97 600sx running at the very end of last winter. I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to motors and carbs but luckily all it needed as new fuel lines. He started it last week, he saw that it was leaking gas from a loose fuel line. He pulled the carb, fixed the line and put it back in, and when we got it started it immediately went full throttle. I’ve checked the cable it’s not tight, but like I said I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff and he’s CONSTANTLY on me to fix it. Thanks for any help in advance.

Thank you for the replies. Not sure what these two wires coming off the carb are, but we found a similar set coming off the throttle (tps?) and those two were connected together, making a loop back to the throttle. We hooked they two sets of wires together and sled idled just fine.

Attachments

• FC23F999-E2E2-47E0-80CB-23FB5FE632CC.jpeg
    FC23F999-E2E2-47E0-80CB-23FB5FE632CC.jpeg
    601.5 KB · Views: 4
those are the tor system. it is a safety system for when the throttle sticks open. only supposed to bypass for testing purposes but seen sleds running with it bypassed for years.

Back