97 VMax 600 XTC twin, not getting gas to cylinder.

Jakobeog

Sled worked great for 1 long rip last season, then after getting my pullcord fixed at the shop I never was able to get the sled started again (figured at first it was because no gas, ran it pretty well empty for the last rip). Sled was always a pain to start so tried everything from gas in cylinder to spray-start in the air intake. Sled would fire up but bog down after a few seconds. Stored it for the summer as I was getting frustrated with it, but now that the snow is coming I'd like to get it going again without taking it back to the shop and spending more money. Not too familiar with sleds in general (this is my first sled bought it 2 years ago pretty cheap, got top end rebuilt and cleaned up, only been out a handful of times but love it) but I am handy and hopeful that it is something simple. Any ideas or advice on where to start greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• 20211106_112631.jpg
    20211106_112631.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 0

Your prob could be a number of things or a combination of problems

Start with simple things.
-todays fuel has a very short shelf life and can create all kinds of issues
-if the carbs haven't been cleaned...clean them
-drain all the fuel out of the tank and pour in at least 3 gallons of fresh premium
-ensure both cylinders have good compression
-put in a set of new plugs
-ensure the choke is working and check plungers on carbs move when choke is applied and return to seated position when choke is selected off
-ensure fuel is actually getting to carbs
-mouse nests in intakes and/or exhausts can create problems as well!

Back