Seeking info 1996 vmax 600 exhaust

YamahasinWI

Hello,

Just joined the forum in hopes someone can help me. I have a 1996 vmax 600 xt PAP and it has some kind of factory tuned can. It might be some sort of gyt setup? I have a stock exhaust sitting here and they are definitely not the same. This one is larger in diameter at most locations and uses a different Y pipe that is larger in diameter and comes out exactly straight versus the stocker which has an angle to it.

I have been completely unsuccessful In locating part numbers for all associated gaskets and seals. Any help would be much appreciated. Parts diagrams I have seen always give the same part numbers on this sled and all other 94-96 vmax sleds.

The 94-95 had a more peaky powerband, as in the power would fall of sharply after 7900 RPM. The stock 96 exhaust had a greatly improved powerband with that new exhaust.

Unfortunately when I look at parts diagrams the pipe, y pipe, gaskets, etc are all the same part numbers on all 94,95,96. 500 and 600 models. Anybody know how to differentiate the 96 parts since the diagrams aren't helping?

Thanks!

Back