Right hoses for SRX carburettors

norwegian

Hi
I'd like to buy the carburettor hoses in bulk, is that possible? And it has to be Yamaha and it has to be the right material and ID.
thanks

Very nice, but now I have to get someone to ship that to me because the supplier will not.

I struggle with this but I think the metric hose is not common here in the states. Seems like its 5.5mm or something like that. Someone confirm for me but I think I usually use 3/16 which is 4.76mm for the carbs. Its a little tight but about the best I could come up with. I've tried all the different clear hoses, even that tygon specially made for gas seems to harden after a couple of years so I use that black rubber-like hose, I think its made of nitrile.

I tried to buy all the hose pieces individually but they are out of stock. I was informed that the OE line is Tygon. I ended up getting this....It should be about the same size. I'll find out next week how good it fits after it gets here.

I was also told this is the right size from Yamaha but no measurements are given so I went with the Tygon.

Did you order a different size inner diameter for the fuel pump to carb lines? That 1/4x1/8 will be too small for those lines. Might work for the line that sends oil from the fuel pump to the barb on the bottom of the motor (that lubes the bearings), but I think the rest are larger. Can't remember the size of the vacuum pulse line but that's usually ok as I think its nitrile. For the 3 carb lines, I use that 3/16 I posted about earlier. There's another size, larger, for the tank to fuel pump. If you need that size, I can go check my machine for what it is. Off the top of my head I can't think of what it is (1/4 or 5/16) I added a fuel shutoff on that line for piece of mine. I had a fuel pump fail a couple of years ago and the motor filled with gasoline.

Tygon is ok IMO, not great but not terrible. One sled I have that tygon all over, its a couple years and its hardened up a just a little. Its not rock hard like the original stuff from the factory but its also not soft and flexible like it was when I installed it (even in the warm summer). Gets a little harder over time and eventually crack although that takes a long time (prob decade or two). But that nitrile fuel hose that the factory put in in 1999 still feels good. I use that nitrile stuff by default now. Not see thru so you can't see the fuel in the lines but it comes off a lot easier when I service my carbs each spring/fall. The tygon seems to shrink itself on the carb barb, to the point where you don't even need a hose clamp, comes off hard and goes on hard. Could be because its 3/16 and not metric, but the nitrile hose of the same size doesn't have that issue (goes on nice and comes off nice).

Did you order a different size inner diameter for the fuel pump to carb lines? That 1/4x1/8 will be too small for those lines. Might work for the line that sends oil from the fuel pump to the barb on the bottom of the motor (that lubes the bearings), but I think the rest are larger. Can't remember the size of the vacuum pulse line but that's usually ok as I think its nitrile. For the 3 carb lines, I use that 3/16 I posted about earlier. There's another size, larger, for the tank to fuel pump. If you need that size, I can go check my machine for what it is. Off the top of my head I can't think of what it is (1/4 or 5/16) I added a fuel shutoff on that line for piece of mine. I had a fuel pump fail a couple of years ago and the motor filled with gasoline.
Yes, that was 3/16 x 5/16 and fit good.

Carb to pump lines are 5mm ID x 7MM OD.I have checked my local Yamaha dealer numerous times to try and get it in bulk but they can't get it here in Canada.3/16" is the best option in a standard size line as most often 1/4" will be too loose and leaks.

Back