Silly question

snowman_959

Hello, I have a 2000 Yamaha mountain max 700 and I am trying to figure out how to take out the headlight bulb. Note it is my first yamaha sled and this is coming from a guy who first rode with a polaris trail sled. Thanks!

Hello, I have a 2000 Yamaha mountain max 700 and I am trying to figure out how to take out the headlight bulb. Note it is my first yamaha sled and this is coming from a guy who first rode with a polaris trail sled. Thanks!

Unplug the light bulb, then remove the boot, then under it is a wire holder that needs to be pushed down and un hooked to release the bulb.

Sorry for the late response but I tried changing it with a different bulb but the angle of the beam is the same, it is low to the ground. How can we angle it to aim higher? Or would it be better to use LED? I seen the conversion on a Yamaha Venture 600 but I don't see a reverse beeper. Either there is none, or I haven't looked hard enough lol. Thanks again!

Sorry for the late response but I tried changing it with a different bulb but the angle of the beam is the same, it is low to the ground. How can we angle it to aim higher? Or would it be better to use LED? I seen the conversion on a Yamaha Venture 600 but I don't see a reverse beeper. Either there is none, or I haven't looked hard enough lol. Thanks again!

The beam can be adjusted with the screw in the light housing and if it has a beeper there would be 2 wires be the shift lever.

What you need to look for is a 2 wire plug that is unused unless you have reverse. It will be hanging by the right footwell. The brown wire gets cut and run to the blue wire that leads to the hi/low switch under the handlebar pad. Once you do that, you will have DC voltage to the headlight and can run LED bulbs.

I tried taking the instrument panel off but the screw just wants to spin. Is there something I'm missing?

Back