What year motor ?

TobyRX1

Can someone HELP me and tell me what year motor is in this SRX ? The number is 8DN 005610. is it a 2000 ?
PLEASE HELP and THANK YOU !!! And I apologize if it is listed on the site somewhere but can't find anything
on listing of years.

Last edited:

Probably the biggest and most important differences on the 700 SRX's engines was the CDIs and Stators.
-The 1998 and 1999 SRXs had a CDI with three separate square plugs, single headlight on sled, and NO TPS on Carb rack
-2000 had a CDI unique to that year and a twin bulb headlight
-2001 and 2002 had a CDI with two rectangular plugs, twin bulb headlight, and a TPS on the carb rack

Thats what has me stumped is it has the duel light and the rectifier and relays
that are the same as my 2000 I had . It does have the short power valve cables like
the 98 but the electrical part of it is what had me thinking. Its a pieced together sled
from about every year so just wanted to go by the numbers to see if that could
get me where I could figure it out. When looking at the power valves with the cables
and the first thing I thought was 98 but anyway ? THANK you for the help.

The electrical can be swapped from a '00-'02 onto a '98/99 engine with the right parts. I did it to mine using a flywheel from a '02 SX-R red head with the higher watt stator.You could have the pickup coil mount moved on the 98/99 engine cases by welding in a piece of aluminum and redrilling new holes for the pickup.This would allow use of the smaller flywheel off the '00-02 but using the SX-R flywheel is much easier.

Back