Pull behind sleigh

Rick0655

Hi, does anyone recognize this make sleigh and know who made it, or does anyone know how to straighten a windshield like this? when i put it away last spring i threw a tarp over it to keep the summer sun and rain off it. not even thinking that the rain would fill the tarp and way it down which is exactly what it did and bent the windshield. i was very disappointed when i uncovered it this fall and found it like this but also surprised it didn't crack and i would have thought it should have sprung back at least a little. there is no make, model or serial number anyplace on this except for where it says trail-rider and i have been searching the internet but so far unable to find another like it. the grandkids like to ride in this so i want to either get a new windshield or try and straighten this one out as much as i can. has anyone tried to straighten these maybe with a heat gun? i know it wont look perfect but right now anything would be better then the way it is. i know its an older sleigh so the chances of finding a new one i would think is slim so thinking that trying to straighten this one may be my only option.. thanks

Attachments

• Sleigh (1).JPG
    Sleigh (1).JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Sleigh (2).JPG
    Sleigh (2).JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Sleigh (3).JPG
    Sleigh (3).JPG
    216.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Sleigh (4).JPG
    Sleigh (4).JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 1

Hi, does anyone recognize this make sleigh and know who made it, or does anyone know how to straighten a windshield like this? when i put it away last spring i threw a tarp over it to keep the summer sun and rain off it. not even thinking that the rain would fill the tarp and way it down which is exactly what it did and bent the windshield. i was very disappointed when i uncovered it this fall and found it like this but also surprised it didn't crack and i would have thought it should have sprung back at least a little. there is no make, model or serial number anyplace on this except for where it says trail-rider and i have been searching the internet but so far unable to find another like it. the grandkids like to ride in this so i want to either get a new windshield or try and straighten this one out as much as i can. has anyone tried to straighten these maybe with a heat gun? i know it wont look perfect but right now anything would be better then the way it is. i know its an older sleigh so the chances of finding a new one i would think is slim so thinking that trying to straighten this one may be my only option.. thanks
thought i would update this, incase anyone has this same problem with a windshield. i got it pretty decent. took some boards and leaned against the windshield to hold it as straight as i could. then took a heat gun (overgrown hair dryer) and heated up the part that was bent. you could actually see the plastic windshield reshaping. do the heat slow so you don't melt a hole in it. i did once then left it overnight, it only straightened about half way. did it a second time and got it looking like this. then took couple small pieced of plexiglass and mounted on the inside between the windshield and the sleigh just for a little extra support. not perfect but much better then it was. its always better to replace with new but if someone has this happen to their sled and you can't get a replacement windshield right away you could try this as a temporary fix.
so if anyone does recognize what type sleigh this is i would still appreciate and response back...thanks

Attachments

• Sleigh (8).JPG
    Sleigh (8).JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Sleigh (9).JPG
    Sleigh (9).JPG
    305.6 KB · Views: 0

Back