1978 Yamaha Enticer 250 oil injection pump

moday

Taking off from an earlier thread on this topic....I have determined that the linkage hanging off the carb went to the injection pump. I'm considering pulling the engine as I don't think I can hook anything back up as the access is just not there. It looks like a "plate/lever" where this linkage hooks up is loose on top of the oil pump and I can see what looks like a bolt on top of the pump. Is anyone experienced in this subject as to how best re-assemble?

I would like to start the engine as it would not run when put away last spring. I'm concerned that the oil pump was non functional and maybe the engine has been damaged/piston scuff? I can feel pressure when pulling it over at spark plug hole but my pressure tester gauge has a broken o-ring so I didn't get a value yet of PSI compression.

I think that I gather from earlier responses that I can start the sled and let it idle as mechanically it should be supplying oil even without that linkage? I want to make sure of that before I try to run it. The lines don't have any pre-mix gas in them as the sled has always had oil injection. I could drain them and put pre-mix in the tank but I'd prefer to keep it as oil injection. One reply mentioned using 100:1 in the tank....maybe that's good protection and I may try that if I'm going to do anything more than let it idle. OK to idle without pre-mix? Thanks, moday

just add oil to the fuel tank and do not worry about what is in the lines. the 100:1 is cheap insurance until you confirm the oil pump is working.

if it is blowing your thumb off of the spark plug hole when pulling it over, it should have enough compression to run. check the wire coming out of the coil as my dads would break it off quite often.

Back