fuel pump rebuild kit

destey

I think my '99 srx 700 fuel pump isn't working properly. I see SPI now makes a rebuild kit for the internal plastic membranes but the only place I see it is Dennis Kirk and its out of stock. Anyone know where I can get one? Seems to be Sports Parts Inc part # SM-07320A

I think the ethanol is ruining it. Just replaced it a couple of years ago. Fuel pump on my phazer just went also.

Double checking, I think I made a mistake. I don't see a kit listed to fix the '99 srx700 pump which is 8DF-24410-00-00

The fitment guide on dennis kirks site says that sm-07320a works on a 97 mountain max 700 which has a fuel pump 8CH-24410-00-00 but it also says it works on a mountain max 600 which has a different fuel pump 8CR-24410-01-00

So maybe it could work for my sled? anyone know these pump internals?

I have seen that kit in an online catalog for the Yamaha pump and it is technically for the V Max pump.Now that being said the guts may very well be similar or possibly the same as the SRX pump.I have seen where some have swapped the V Max pump onto an SRX for one reason or another and they work so if your in a jam you might try a V Max pump.I'm not sure what the differences are in the 2,maybe flow rate,other than the vent line across the top of an SRX pump.

I've got a srx pump split open and it looks identical to the pieces in the kit I posted about in the OP. I'm gonna give that kit a try if it becomes available

I'd be interested to know if anyone has rebuilt a pump with this kit yet or not.We have a retail place here in Canada that's like Dennis Kirk and they have it listed in their catalog but I've never checked for availability.

Back