Just did rings help!!!

Shawnyxtc600

I just did the rings on my yamaha 600 xtc and now i have a coolant air lock. Tried lifting front of sled but motor gets too hot after a while and the hoses dont get warm or the coolers. When I tale bleed screw out it shoots sky high. Did that for about 2 hours today or felt like it. Nothing helping it. And there is no thermostat

My yamaha has a bleed screw on the rear and on the head. Did you try bleeding it through the head too?

Seems like it just squirts out until it empties the system. Than ingots refill it. Than same thing agajn

Raise the back of the sled bleed bolt to just higher then the overflow coolant bottle. Sled off unscrew the rear drain plug (coolant should not be comming out). Slowly add coolant to cold fill mark. Then slowly lower rear of sled till coolant comes out bubble free and replace screw. No way should you have used 2 gallons and sled should not be running. A chain fall or even a wrachet strap suspended from garage ceiling comes in handy. Then start sled and check side coolers. If still not taking tip sled side to side will force air to move. Then repeat above process and check again.

Raise the back of the sled bleed bolt to just higher then the overflow coolant bottle. Sled off unscrew the rear drain plug (coolant should not be comming out). Slowly add coolant to cold fill mark. Then slowly lower rear of sled till coolant comes out bubble free and replace screw. No way should you have used 2 gallons and sled should not be running. A chain fall or even a wrachet strap suspended from garage ceiling comes in handy. Then start sled and check side coolers. If still not taking tip sled side to side will force air to move. Then repeat above process and check again.
Thabks alot

Back