Just did rings help!!!

Raise the back of the sled bleed bolt to just higher then the overflow coolant bottle. Sled off unscrew the rear drain plug (coolant should not be comming out). Slowly add coolant to cold fill mark. Then slowly lower rear of sled till coolant comes out bubble free and replace screw. No way should you have used 2 gallons and sled should not be running. A chain fall or even a wrachet strap suspended from garage ceiling comes in handy. Then start sled and check side coolers. If still not taking tip sled side to side will force air to move. Then repeat above process and check again.
I was filling hoses... the over flow bottle doesnt seem to help

I was filling hoses... the over flow bottle doesnt seem to help
When I fill up holding bottle it doesnt do anything. Jist fills up and sits there .. when I fill the hose it gets full until I put cover on and run it. Than shut off it's still full until I open rear bleed screw. Than itngoes foen a little til input more in so on and so on

I've had to bleed in stages before.
Every time you pull a hose off you're letting more air into the system again.
Do like the others have said. Top off through cap, and make sure overflow bottle has plenty. Run sled for a bit with the back elevated. Crack rear bleeder screw and leave open for a bit, if it is only shooting out solid antifreeze close it again. With the back lifted and pressure on the system, any air should migrate to the highest point (back of sled if you have it lifted). Sometimes it doesn't happen right away if there is a big air lock somewhere. If no air comes out of rear bleeder, and overflow bottle isn't lowering, shut off sled and walk away for a while. Most times when you come back after sled has cooled off you'll find that the overflow bottle is now lower. It finally drank some of it. Do process again, several times as needed. Each time more coolant will fill the system and more air will come out of the bleeder.
Eventually you'll see the coolant in the overflow bottle stop lowering.
I had one sled that I simply couldn't bleed in the shop. I had to take it out on the trail and run it a bit, then bleed, run a bit, etc., etc.
The bouncing around helps a lot on some sleds.

I've had to bleed in stages before.
Every time you pull a hose off you're letting more air into the system again.
Do like the others have said. Top off through cap, and make sure overflow bottle has plenty. Run sled for a bit with the back elevated. Crack rear bleeder screw and leave open for a bit, if it is only shooting out solid antifreeze close it again. With the back lifted and pressure on the system, any air should migrate to the highest point (back of sled if you have it lifted). Sometimes it doesn't happen right away if there is a big air lock somewhere. If no air comes out of rear bleeder, and overflow bottle isn't lowering, shut off sled and walk away for a while. Most times when you come back after sled has cooled off you'll find that the overflow bottle is now lower. It finally drank some of it. Do process again, several times as needed. Each time more coolant will fill the system and more air will come out of the bleeder.
Eventually you'll see the coolant in the overflow bottle stop lowering.
I had one sled that I simply couldn't bleed in the shop. I had to take it out on the trail and run it a bit, then bleed, run a bit, etc., etc.
The bouncing around helps a lot on some sleds.
Why does my overfill bottle go up and down??? I'm ready to give up. Have no idea why it is taking so much coolant to fill either

Back