Poor Track Alignment

Monkey_Throttle

Hello everyone, I got a 97 VMAX 500.

I want to believe my skid is bent.
I can't get the right side slider to stop rubbing on the track.
I can align the rear of the track dead even on both sliders but the front right always touches. If I try to adjust it anymore the track tension will be to tight on one side and way loose on the other.
Any input would help! Everything is factory.
Cheers!

Interesting, is there measurements I can pull to figure that out. I'll reinspect it, but last time I looked it wasted broken. Very possible it's bent. She's got some miles on her.

Interesting, is there measurements I can pull to figure that out. I'll reinspect it, but last time I looked it wasted broken. Very possible it's bent. She's got some miles on her.

best way is to pull it out and measure from mount point to the floor in both mount locations. Then you can check the mount shafts and bushings.

Alrighty. I'm gonna try it with the skid attached still. Last year I removed the skid and replaced all the bushing.

be careful with this, once had my speedo side drive shaft bearing go out, started hogging out the tunnel behind the bearing, the more I tightened the track, the father it pulled the bearing back in the tunnel.

So I did have that happen a few years back. I have since replaced the drive and jack shaft bearings along with a bunch of other preventative maintenance shit. I measured from the front of the heat exchanger to the axle on both the speedo and chain case side. Dead even on measurement.

Back