Vmax 600 xtc tried everything

Shawnyxtc600

Air lock. Everyone gave me lots of advice. I am very thankful. I tried every bit of advice.
Lift front of sled than the rear. Open bleed screws, rock the sled side to side. Run it with cap off. Check water pump belt. She builds lots ofmpressure so the pump should be working. I am about to give up on the air lock. I did reuse the old head gasket when I put new rings in the sled. Used a brand new base gasket. The used head gasket seems to still be in good shape. I cant figure it out. Its building pressure somewhere in the system

Head gasket.
If its building pressure in the coolant system, that air is coming from somewhere.
If it were mine, I would pull the head back off, inspect everything closely, mating surfaces, ect.

I did bang up the head a little bit on the back side but I tried my best to flatter it out. It was very hars to notice. But I could feel a bump with ur finger

If you banged it up on the sealing surface that could be your trouble. Post a picture.
It does sound like there is compression pressure making its way into coolant area.

Yea I have the head on now. I think your right. The research I did.
Would a new gasket help? It's not all that bad. But maybe I need a new jug

The head gasket wasnt very bad. I did ding up the cylinder a little bit. But tried my best to smoother it out. Do u think that would cause a problems? I torqued the head down properly.. ya think a new head gasket would help?

I would first pull it apart before deciding what’s needed. I reuse head gaskets all the time, may be debris on the mating surface, or something else too.

Back