03 Viper clutching

01sxr700

VIP Member
Have a 03 Viper Mountain, cleaned and checked clutches, belt is good and adjusted. Used to pull 8400 all day long now can only seems to want to rev 7800/8000. Anyone have any suggestions. I know I can pull some weight but I shouldn't have to as I never changed anything.

Check the exhaust valves. Sometimes the cables pull through and the valves stay closed causing a full throttle power loss.

exh valves would not hurt to check/clean.

when where the clutches last pulled apart and cleaned? odds are new primary spring would not hurt if it has never been replaced.

one or more of the powervalves has pulled the cable thru the end of valve.

Clutches were just cleaned. My son checked/set the power valves but never cleaned them. Said they looked good, guess I'll remove and clean them.

Have the same issue with mine, its no longer operating, so was not able to figure it out yet.

No, valves we just checked.
adjust them, they cant be operating correctly, thats the exact rpm it will only pull if the valves dont work. usually they are pulled thru the ends from not being removed and cleaned.

adjust them, they cant be operating correctly, thats the exact rpm it will only pull if the valves dont work. usually they are pulled thru the ends from not being removed and cleaned.
Yes, when I get a chance gonna bring the sled in the shop and clean and check adjustment.

Back