1996 VK 540II front suspension shock replacement

vonmainestay

I am in need of a replacement front suspension shock for a 1996 VK540II. I have searched many of the websites and dealers and haven't had any luck.
Anyone have an option for a seller or offer an alternative to OEM?
I appreciate the help.

well according to the parts fiche on port yamaha, they say the vk is a spring and all replacement. never done one myself but i know my et410 is the same tss shocks as a phazer/phazer II/exciter of that era. it looks like the ski mount that goes on the end of the shock is the same part # as a vmax 500 for the same year. that has a shock that was availble separately as

8BN-22401-00-00
. not seeing them in the aftermarket books i have any more but is does fit a pogo vmax 500/600 from that era. if you where close, i have a vmax st carcass you could come take them off of.

Thanks for the info.
I think I need to clarify
Front shock for the rear track suspension. I’m having a heck of a time ordering one. Yamaha is essentially not going to have any of them for some time. eBay is a no go, got a rear shock but no available front shock for rear suspension

ahh. np. i have 88 vk 540 and i used phazer II rear suspension shocks in mine. stock shock part # is same as for your sled. just had to make my own bushings as that is the difference besides the valving in the shock. was able to get those aftermarket.

Excellent! Thank you very much for the information. I ordered one yesterday hoping it was going to be an option. Thanks again for the feedback

Back