SRX No Fuel to Fuel Pump

mdoherty97

I'm new here, and this is my first snowmobile. I'm willing to learn and I will try my best to communicate regarding the subject however limited my knowledge may be.

I have a 2001 Yamaha SRX 700, and I'm gonna try to make this long story short. The engine will run off quick start, and gas sprayed into the carbs or cylinders but dies, and doesn't run off the fuel it has. I changed the fuel pump lines to the carbs and pulled, but no gas. Thinking its the fuel pump I began disconnecting all the hoses. I sprayed carb cleaner in the pump to help clear it if theres debris, but the cleaner came out of other areas of the pump i.e where the fuel lines attached. Seeing there may be proper flow I disconnected the big hose which I assume feeds fuel to the pump from the tank, and when I did so there was no fuel dripping or flowing. Even with throttle applied and hose disconnected, no fuel from the hose that should be putting it to the pump. There was one time, just once, it dripped some. I'm thinking maybe fuel pick up line, or clogged. I looked in the gas tank after siphoning it empty, and the fuel filter was rolling on the bottom. Is the fuel filter supposed to attach somewhere? Along the inner left side of the tank theres an orange hose that disappears to the front of the tank, and goes towards the back of the tank and disappears due to visibility. Could this be the fuel pick up line? With a coat hanger I fished out the filter, and gently moved said orange hose. Upon doing so I heard light knocking as if the mesh screen (I think its like a mesh screen at the end?) hitting the bottom of the tank.

In summary, no fuel is getting to the pump and the filter is detached. Whats the orange hose along the left side? How do I go about reconnecting any disconnected items/lines inside the tank?

Thanks

sounding like the end might have rotted off the pick up line. seen it before. what is fun is when the filter rots in 1/2 and you do not catch it.

The fitting bolts into the fuel tank right above the fuel pump. If you have the tank MT take the fitting out of the tank. The orange hose you see in the tank may be off of the fitting. The hose may be rotten. We just replace the hose and filter in my buddies 2002 Viper. You have to be sure to have enough hose on the fitting to get it thru the top of the tank as the filter has to be put on after. Might just as well put a new filter on it now too. Make sure when ya put it back together the filter and hose is BELOW the fuel sender wire.

Back