shocks

Frankie6972

Hello all, new here. Im picking up a 99 Vmax xtc 700 deluxe. Are the shocks rebuildable? If not, any other shocks that will fit? Looking for front and rear. Thank you

Yeah looks like mine is a 99 and is not rebuildable. A member has 2 rear from Viper, do the front viper work on the 99 vmax also?

front, not without mods. a set from a sxr would work.

rear, that will long travel it and they will work with the mods to convert it to that. hope they are re valved as factory valving was very stiff.

Hello, new to this, what is sxr? And is that for front? Rear use viper. Or mods u speak of sorry maybe too old

"97-03 Yamaha front shock OEM KYB spring Vmax SXR 600 700 venture phazer Viper." I ordered 2 front shock off ebay, then to check they dont fit? Very weird. This is the ad in quotes . I sent the seller a message to confirm if they do or dont, so confusing.I need it for my 99' vmax 700 deluxe. Did I make the right purchase or not. Thanks for everyones help. At he point where I will just keep stock shocks but I wanted to slowly replace as many aprts as I can before next November.

Bumping this up, just picked up a 99 Vmax 700 with non rebuildable shocks. Can anyone point me in the direction for something decent front and rear? Not trying to throw a bunch of money at this, its just for basic trail riding with the family.

the ones listed above will work. the 2 skid shocks from sx viper/03-04 rx1 will bolt right in and just need some spring adjustment for the ride to be correct.

the sx/sxr sleds are pretty much the same other than the rear suspension being 11.5" of travel on the sxr sleds vs 8" on the sx sleds.

if your stock shocks have threads on them for adjusting the spring tension, then they are aluminum bodied shocks and can be serviced/rebuilt for around $35.00 each if they do not need parts.

the ones listed above will work. the 2 skid shocks from sx viper/03-04 rx1 will bolt right in and just need some spring adjustment for the ride to be correct.

the sx/sxr sleds are pretty much the same other than the rear suspension being 11.5" of travel on the sxr sleds vs 8" on the sx sleds.

if your stock shocks have threads on them for adjusting the spring tension, then they are aluminum bodied shocks and can be serviced/rebuilt for around $35.00 each if they do not need parts.
Thanks man, appreciate the throughout reply. My stock shocks are not threaded and appear to be steel, so new ones are needed. Any recommendations who cja rebuild them once I get them? Would be nice to buy some already rebuilt, but not holding my breath.

the shock doc (cannondale on ty 4 stroke) does good work and i have used him before.

kimpex used to have economical ones new listed for the rx1 rear suspension.

Back