Yamaha belt question...

Equalizer

So heres a question...Dayco and Gates list the same belt part number for the Yamaha SRX 440, ET 340 and EX 440 but Yamaha lists one part number for the SRX and EX [89X-17641-01-00] but a different part number for the ET340 [820-17641-01-00] Anyone happen to know what the differences are between the two Yamaha belts?

Different compounds i believe. 820 is a soft low hp belt. 89x is a more durable higher hp belt.

Be careful with the Gates. They are hard son of a gun. I don't really like them.

The Ultimax XS series are a durable sticky belt that load the motor and cooler clutch temps. Just a thought. Good Luck.

Gates belts are great for hauling, I hauled firewood with my MM without cooking the clutch, but I blew the same belt going 50 mph on a venture 600 triple, go figure. The only thing I can think of was that it had a 41 deg shallow angle helix and a tight wrap.

Thanks guys, very much appreciate the insight into the Gates belts! We were running Gates on the SRX's as well as the ET300 but decided to switch them out for the factory Yamaha belts, fugured at the very least it'll be better for tuning as I really don't like chasing my tail....lol

Back