Looking to upgrade my Venom

2datrl

Looking for a few performance upgrades for my 05 Venom.
I have purchased KYB shocks from a Viper that I'll have revalved.
My main questions are do I stud the stock track or buy a ripsaw?
And perhaps some clutch work and/or a roller secondary.
We ride trails mostly in the north woods and the UP.
Thanks in advance.
2datrl

i will be selling a studded ripsaw and 8 tooth drivers soon. everything is in like new condition with low miles and is everything you need.

Buy a take-off Ripsaw or a 9818 Camoplast, and clutch it. I wouldnt waste any money on a roller sec, but thats just my opinion.

Somebody correct me if Im wrong, but i believe you can use clutch setups that were originally for sxr600 on the venom as it is the same powerplant.

No Mian it is not a power valved moter. It is the same motor as thw sx/r600 i believe. So mods for that sled should work.

I would skip the KYBs and put remote res Ohlins on it. I know of many people who have used those and gotten great results.
If your choice is to either stud the stock track or get a ripsaw, I say stud the stocker.
I ride in northern part of WI like you do, and you almost NEED studs because it is almost always icy (especially the corners). I say put in 92 studs and let 'er rip. Ive got 144 in my XC and its almost too much. I cant make the back end of the sled rotate around the corners the way Id like it to.
Hebi

Also do the head mod and errd notch that will wake that sled up!!! they work with that motor. I would also get some pipes for taht sled. but that is just if you are willing to spend the money.

i have a set of ceramic coated hauck triples pipes that will really wake that thing up. $450 shipped, AWESOME looking ceramic coating!

Back