Been awhile.....digital stator help please

Hotrodlincoln1975

I have been away so long I had to re-register lol. My last new yamaha was an apex, but my last favorite yamaha was and is the 04 viper er. Well I found another recently, but unfortunately it has no spark.
I looked around here for hours and I'm only finding pre 04 Info. Probably the same but confirmation needed.
It would be awesome if someone could give me testing specs on the stator and pickup coil for the dcs 04-06 units.
Also to bypass kill sw? my colors are 2 brown a blk and a white. Ty in advance.

Last edited:

For others;
Stator 6 ohms.
Trigger output ac 1.2v.
My issue was a short in coil pack grounds. Running perfectly now.

This is from an srx 700 service manual. I think the are the same as the viper. But maybe someone else can confirm.

Attachments

• 1BA609C3-4B66-43FF-B970-1E50BE547F93.png
    1BA609C3-4B66-43FF-B970-1E50BE547F93.png
    423.5 KB · Views: 7
This is from an srx 700 service manual. I think the are the same as the viper. But maybe someone else can confirm.
My stator charge coils and pickup/ trigger coil ohmed out twice those specs and it runs perfect. I need to test my instrument for accuracy apparently. Ty for responding.

Similar issue, 2004 all three plugs dead. I am suspecting stator however it ohms to spec on all three wires. I checked the voltage coming from the voltage regulator to one of the condensers. I have max of 11.1 vdc when pulling the rope with no plugs. I would think it should be higher? I looked at the specs for the CDI and it says 14vdc. Thoughts?

Similar issue, 2004 all three plugs dead. I am suspecting stator however it ohms to spec on all three wires. I checked the voltage coming from the voltage regulator to one of the condensers. I have max of 11.1 vdc when pulling the rope with no plugs. I would think it should be higher? I looked at the specs for the CDI and it says 14vdc. Thoughts?
The AC voltage test is way better.

Back