I ran out of ideas, vibration

norwegian

I have worked on a friends xtc 700 for a couple of weeks now, jetting seems ok, pipes are properly in place, clutching seems to be good, it might need another helix but that's it. What has got me stumped is the vibration between 50 and 62 mph (80-100 km/h) it comes from the left foot side. The bearing for the drive axle on the speedometerside has been checked by the mechanic that does the bigger jobs (I just tune), so I assume it is ok. I did notice 8 lugs half or fully missing on the left side of the track, oddly that does not add to the vibration when revving on a stand, only at load. Any suggestions?

Drive axle was replaced with one from a slow driven 99 venture 600 and is checked. Yea looked at the front upper idler wheel, could it behave just fine at lower speeds, than act up in higher speeds?

Same thing with my venture now, just not as bad. Most noticeable at 43 mph ( 70 km/h), by 74 (120 km/h) I can't feel a thing. Could this be a bad bearing by the speedo side? Feels like the vibration is more on the left foot side by the drive shaft. Going to try to replace the bearing behind the speedo house tomorrow.

how is the jack shaft bearing (one behind secondary clutch)? i tend to repack them every season or 2 on my sleds.

Going to take a look later today or tomorrow, I'm eager to see what's going on there.

Back