Mod Engine Builder?

Ski-B

Hello everyone. I am some what new to the forum.

I am looking for a good engine shop to modify a SRV 540 fan engine for me? The sky is the limit. Plan to run dual carb kit. Full ported engine and a custom single pipe. I will do the assembly and tuning. Just looking for a good engine shop to do the porting. Head work. and piston mod. Anyone know of a decent shop... for 540 fan mods? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

You may want ask on turn around time, as I've had a couple 600 twin cylinders there for porting for over 2 years now.
I do think their work is very good.

Ahhh ok. Good point. That is a long time for sure. Thank you Sir.

I have built one, as a ditch banger
I have the single 40 Mic and am having issues!
There is ALOT involved in doing the Micuni conversion!
To do the twin carb set up, You will be money and time ahead to get a nice Phazer
and put the 540 into it!
Then it is just a clutching issue!

I think I have read somewhere that guys have done it. I would think the steering post would become an issue.

I am going to fab up a intake manifold/flange as a pattern and see if a friend of mine can CNC billet manifolds for me. Kind of a summer project. I guess. LOL.

Ricker made twin carb set up for the SRV
There is an entire forum on just the SRV!

Thanks KCCats. I actually joined that forum last week some very good info on there. I am enjoying the SRV learning curve. I had a SRV and SS-440 as a kid. Kind of reliving my child hood...so to speak. LOL.

Back