ET250 Mikuni VM34 carb overflowing

Yamihopper

I have a 1980 ET250 having trouble with Mikuni VM34 pouring gas out of the upper and lower overflow. I have tried two different VM34’s- a Chinese knockoff VM34 and a Mikuni VM 34 and they both pour gas out of the overflows at idle. I can blow in the carb and the needle and seat holds on both carbs. The fuel pump is a Mikuni DF44-227. Any ideas? Is the fuel pressure from this pump too much for the needle and seat?

I have a 1980 ET250 having trouble with Mikuni VM34 pouring gas out of the upper and lower overflow. I have tried two different VM34’s- a Chinese knockoff VM34 and a Mikuni VM 34 and they both pour gas out of the overflows at idle. I can blow in the carb and the needle and seat holds on both carbs. The fuel pump is a Mikuni DF44-227. Any ideas? Is the fuel pressure from this pump too much for the needle and seat?
Maybe post a bunch of pics of carb, and carb apart also. Something wrong that you must be overlooking.

You would need to make a different flange mount but it can be done.
The problem is not the pump
Where, as you blow into, does float stop flow?
At 'LEVEL' with carb body?
And as said above does carb sit LEVEL?

I think I got it. Car was not level. I had to remove spacer between cylinder and old carb boot and reinstall it with the new carb. Thanks for your help guys

Back