2001 SRX - Spark issue

summitlt

Snowmobile has spark and will fire for a moment, but loses spark after about a second. I can turn it over with a drill and there is nothing after the initial second or two. Replaced the stator, tried CDI from good running sled, bypassed TORS, checked TPS resistance and within spec. What am I missing?

Snowmobile has spark and will fire for a moment, but loses spark after about a second. I can turn it over with a drill and there is nothing after the initial second or two. Replaced the stator, tried CDI from good running sled, bypassed TORS, checked TPS resistance and within spec. What am I missing?
Relays?

Bad ground very likely.
Try removing the coils and mount assy and clean it all up with a wire wheel dremel.

never had srx but does the pick up coil run off of the outside of the flywheel like the sx sleds? they get a rusty flywheel and it messes up the spark on them.

adding a ground from the engine to the chassis would not hurt. had to do it to older sleds quite a few times over the years.

Have a look at your wiring harness especially under the pipes they can rub through and cause that.

Back