SX Viper Trio...and a Ski Change Question?

GasCans

Just getting back into Sledding and managed to pick up three low-mileage 02/03 SX Vipers. Love me some old 700 2-smokes and am very happy to be gearing up once again with these old Yammies. One is in need of some skis as it came with floats and I am wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for a decent set of trail skis and carbides that will fit the stock spindles and rubbers.

I need a good trail ski, but something that can play in the fresh from time to time. Any suggestions on a good Ski fit and a decent Supplier?

Attachments

• Sleds.jpg
    Sleds.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 4

welcome!

my brothers and i prefer the 06-09 apex mtx ski on every sled we own that it fits on. we do use the full hardware for the apex spindle to mount it as we have sheared bolt with only using washers a few times. works well on trail and off trail. next best one i found was the curve xs ski witch you will need to get with their spindle rubbers for an rx1. works well on trail and floats well off trail. i find they start to push when conditions get loose/soft on the trails.

have not tried too many other aftermarket skis as the mtx ski does everything we need it to.

Back