1993 Phazer II LE - Factory Ground location

bird

I'm fixing the electric start on my Phazer and noticed the previous owner(s) have the battery ground going to the fan housing.

All my other 2 Stroke electric start engines, have the ground going directly to the Engine block, close to the starter itself.

Where is the factory location of the Ground wire from the Battery? I see a way to possibly use the starter mounting bolts.

Thank you

I'm fixing the electric start on my Phazer and noticed the previous owner(s) have the battery ground going to the fan housing.

All my other 2 Stroke electric start engines, have the ground going directly to the Engine block, close to the starter itself.

Where is the factory location of the Ground wire from the Battery? I see a way to possibly use the starter mounting bolts.

Thank you
Strange, would stick to the engine myself.

Thank you

Thank you
My three early 90’s Ventures have battery ground to the fan housing.

I got the electric start working, just a bad ground to the solenoid. I left the ground on the fan housing, seems to be working just fine.

The Fan Case is bolted directly to the engine crankcase, I think it will be okay. I was expecting a 6mm hole on the engine block for a bolt somewhere near the starter.

I got the electric start working, just a bad ground to the solenoid. I left the ground on the fan housing, seems to be working just fine.

The Fan Case is bolted directly to the engine crankcase, I think it will be okay. I was expecting a 6mm hole on the engine block for a bolt somewhere near the starter.
Nice work!!

The main ignition ground is on the black wire... on back of the stator. Black ignition and switch wire run back to the black wires on stator coupler.

Battery ground on e start units. If i remember correctly ran down to the fan case bolt ground. Just like your location.

Good work solving your issues.

Back