heel clickers 40-10

Fastboy2058

I have a 2001 srx 700 with mild trail porting and .015 cut off the head. currently running heel clickers but using a dalton 54/42 helix with a green spring. i feel like the sled looses momentum once im out aways 70+ mph.. im thinking my helix angle is too steep but was wondering if there is anyway to band-aid foe this with the primary tuning or do I just need to order a 50/37 ish helix and just be done with it thanks for any info on a good setup

Get yourself a dalton helix 50-36 is the best choice in my opinion. 50-38 ,51-37, 50-40 will also work just less tip weight. Also make sure your using heel clicker red spring in the primary. Drivepower usa is a good place to order. You want to be somewhere around 4-5 grams heel 5-6.5 grams tip if using 50-36.

Ok thanks I just checked and I had 4 grams on the heel and and 5 on the tip. I also have the red spring I have another new one I can throw in there.. I Almost wonder if I was too light on both the tip and the heel and that’s why I was goin right to 8500 soon as I hit it.. gunna add more weight and see if I can find a helix thanks for the info.

Ok thanks I just checked and I had 4 grams on the heel and and 5 on the tip. I also have the red spring I have another new one I can throw in there.. I Almost wonder if I was too light on both the tip and the heel and that’s why I was goin right to 8500 soon as I hit it.. gunna add more weight and see if I can find a helix thanks for the info.
I think I have a 50-40 in my clutch box. Can check for it if you're interested.

I do have a 50-40. Hows $50 plus $10 to ship it? Also found a new black heel clicker spring and a used white one I'd throw in for another $10.

Sorry guys didn’t even realize I got any replies on here… last winter wasn’t a great winter for me so I never made it out but gunna order a 50/36 from dalton today. I have the 1 in hacksaw but no studs really leaning toward 144 1.187 lake racers is the the ticket for some trail riding and a good amount of field and ice racing with buddies.

Back