04 Venom no thumb/gripers Engine and warning light on

MYRODMAN

VIP Member
I have 04 Venom The grip and thumb warms are inop and the yellow warning light along with engine sign is on It is not over heating as this started on a trip so we continued to ride it for two days I did replace the engine temp sensor(did fix it) and have looked for cracked wires. It is flashing code 8 or blinking 8 times. Any help would be appreciated

Have you looked at the frame ground wire from the mail harness? Loose?
You may have checked for rub throughs under the motor, but have you looked up by the key switch where the harness goes between the plastic and the metal steering gate?

Have you looked at the frame ground wire from the mail harness? Loose?
You may have checked for rub throughs under the motor, but have you looked up by the key switch where the harness goes between the plastic and the metal steering gate?
Hello I have torn the wiring harness out and looked at every wire in it. I found no rub thru's,no loose wires in any connector and no broken wires. The ground that is on the left side with the bolt that bolts into the round bar that goes over the fuel tank was good(no rust and had contiuity to grd). There was a grounding bus by the relays that looked good but I cut those 6 wires(white with black strip) and soldered them together. All fuses were good and clean. Do the relays control the grip warmers or coolant warning system? Does the power for the hand warmers and power to the coolant warnig light come straight out of the CDI box? Is there a way to check this without dammaging the CDI? Could the problem be the CDI box? thanks again

i am not very good with wiring. Inhave not heard of many CDI boxes going bad, but I would think the problem lies elsewhere.
Have you had the handlebar pad off and traced the wires from there?
Maybe someone else that knows more about testing the wires could chime in.

I have 04 Venom The grip and thumb warms are inop and the yellow warning light along with engine sign is on It is not over heating as this started on a trip so we continued to ride it for two days I did replace the engine temp sensor(did fix it) and have looked for cracked wires. It is flashing code 8 or blinking 8 times. Any help would be appreciated
8 flash is fuel level sender problem or problem in that circuit.

8 flash is fuel level sender problem or problem in that circuit.
I just check with a dealer and with both the warning light and temp light flashing 8 times its it says its an abnormal electric source voltage check hand grips So im headed in that direction Any input?

I stand corrected. If it's the warning light and temp icon flashing eight times, then it says coolant sensor or circuit problem.

Back