engine swap

black dog

Life Member
What do I need to expect putting an 01 engine in a 97? figure the mag and stator will need to come off the 97 to the 01, but does anyone know if there will be any other issues? I dont have access to the wiring to make it simple, just a crank thats out of phase on the 97 and trying to make a sled run.

If you don’t have the 2001 wiring harness, just bolt that 2001 motor in after you change the stator and pickup coil like you said.
I can’t think of anything else you would need to do.

If you don’t have the 2001 wiring harness, just bolt that 2001 motor in after you change the stator and pickup coil like you said.
I can’t think of anything else you would need to do.
So in your infinite wisdom, the 97 doesnt have the heated carbs. Question is, off the water pump on the 01 there is a nipple for the coolant to carbs. my thought is its low pressure and easily capped, unless you guide me otherwise. Thanks for the advice thus far.

You can cap it, solder it, or in my case, swap the 1997 water pump cover and put it on the newer motor.

Thinking I might just put a line from the pump cover to the head, assuming the flow is correct. I need to look at my other sleds with carb heat to check routing

Back