1999 srx 700 flamethrower

Skmotorsports3

1999 srx 700 triple piston, triple pipe. It's been sitting for 2-4 years, can't remember, went through the carbs and cleaned them. Put it back in, checked oil and antifreeze, sucked the old gas out and put fresh stuff in. Checked the plugs put brand new ones in. Fired up in one pull, but to stay running it needs to be choked a bit. Doesn't sound right either, checked compression after that and it was perfectly normal. Worst of all, if you hit the throttle and let it come back, it shoots a flame nearly every time, a loud pop with a nice warm blue flame coming out of the can. I have a feeling it may be the carb, might not have cleaned it very well, jets might still have stuff in them. Or it could be one of the pipes having some stuff inside there from sitting outside for years. Would really like to bring it back to life, just need to get past this so I can purchase other parts.

I got it running, pilot jets were plugged, put carbs back in and it still ran funny. Plugged TORS into itself and ran perfectly fine. No flames were shot nor backfiring.

Back