Phazer Spark plug caps-- do they have resistors?

VintageSled

Phazer Spark plug caps-- do they have resistors? I need to replace my spark plug cable caps, I see quite a few models of NGK that look quality, anybody know which model NGK I should get and/or if the stock ones have resistors in them?
Was looking at these on Ebay...https://www.ebay.com/itm/363976223988?epid=13042042392&hash=item54beac6cf4:g:8VIAAOSwRfNjHD0P&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsPNtYV7cEW2OS0edayXiH%2FAKUEoBtK7ND2EeksFGdVSsShha8xb254sMtuDg5%2FKo7pGkMY3cMkFWcwxS6CU8qNwJdqhuKVNLokmFNrYUMB76XoOMYRZjG5ltcHoWKh4zIDJrpu86Q3YrmfBjtdAJki8u6IwU%2BIAy04WzCdTJ0UQz%2FbrHZKq%2B4bLxNVBSfz%2FrON1Dd5cUOk%2Fm7yN11P0WWWVinb4dbjID9cmC6gUghP4V%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8rO_5C9YQ

Should I buy NGK spark plug cable caps with no resistors? My plugs are BPR9Es so they have a resistor in them already

there is a resistance value for the caps for the engine to run right.

the resistor in the spark p[lugs is to prevent rf interferance. mom used to buy us the non resistor plugs as she could tell we where still in the yard whenever we passed the house as tv would fuzz because we where using the rabbit ears antenna.

Good question. I bought the ngk ones with 5k resistors, but my phazer is bogging after it warms up so not sure. I'll see if I have some OEM phazer plug boots around, if so I'll check them for resistance values with a multimeter and report back.
update- Unfortunately I don't have any stock caps, only aftermarket.

Last edited:

Back