Srx carb vs sx viper

barkerman77

So my stock srx carbs are garbage. After ultrasonic cleaning them for 25 mins i got the slides out. Everything else is breaking off. Im able to get the nozzles and slides to put into my viper carbs i have. But turns out eveything else i need from yamaha is discontinued. Cant get needles anymore i guess. Will the viper carbs work if i jet them up? Mrviper??

Pretty sure you can still get these rebuild kits from Dennis Kirk. This is for an '00 SRX700 but they have other years and models.

The only critical differences between the Viper and SRX carbs is the slides and all the needles and jets.
If you can transfer all your SRX jets, slides, needles, and needle jets[tubes] over to the Viper carbs you are good to go.

Pretty sure you can still get these rebuild kits from Dennis Kirk. This is for an '00 SRX700 but they have other years and models.
They dont come with the nozzles or needles though do they?

The only critical differences between the Viper and SRX carbs is the slides and all the needles and jets.
If you can transfer all your SRX jets, slides, needles, and needle jets[tubes] over to the Viper carbs you are good to go.
I was trying to get all the parts from my crusty srx carbs, got the slides out. One needle is bent, one main jet broke off in the nozzle, the pilots are garbage. Im pretty much screwed at this point.

Lots of needle jets for sale there.
Maybe someone who is smart can tell us all which ones are for what sled?
I see different series, 159, ect.

One thing I noticed with a used set of carbs, not sure what they are off but they look the same as my SRX700 carbs except the coolant pipe on the PTO side goes straight out instead of a 90. The stock coolant line from the shutoff will not reach if the pipe comes straight out

Back