Power Valve Servo Motor, 7 flash code

Yamablue

So my 02 Viper will randomly throw a 7 flash code which talks about the servo motor being locked up or shorted. Oddly I have no power issues, the thing still rips. If I shut it off and restart it goes away. It would sometimes come back on, and after flashing a couple of minutes, it would go away. Never noticed a performace issue. Servo motor seems to work fine when tested. I have the valves out a couple years ago when I swapped the motor, all the ends were real good and no evidence of a near future pull through. Have put about 200 miles or so since then. Any thoughts?

About 200 miles ago. I've never really needed to clean any of my power valves, though I have, just because. I use good oil (amsoil) and run them hard. Always stay pretty decent. I know they aren't dirty. That and the servo motor spins just fine, as always. I have another servo to put on it. I just want to get some insight before going through the hassle of pulling the head and bleeding the coolant to set the valves.

If it was mine, I would be inclined to set the valves the easy way, without pulling the head.
I’m sure it’s more accurate the other way, but it’s quick and you could check it off the list.
I don’t have a lot of Viper know how, but it seems like when the gauge is saying something, it’s usually accurate.

Back