White chain case oil

Weldor

Anyone ever seen chain case oil like this before? Changed it not long ago.

Attachments

• 1D4EA6E9-A971-42EC-A994-D2E90D6E0F1A.jpg
    1D4EA6E9-A971-42EC-A994-D2E90D6E0F1A.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 12

Amsoil 75w-90. Maybe I didn’t get all the old stuff out but I let it drain for a good two hours.

For sure looks like oil with a rather high water content. This is a good sign you need to take a closer look at the lower chaincase seal, where the drive axle enters the chaincase.

Thanks I’ll for sure check it out. I’ve heard of it getting a little milky but it’s pretty bad.

If it is milky, beat way to get rid of moisture is diesel fuel. Fill it with diesel fuel...run it slowly to slosh around. Then drain completely. Otherwise ,you can drain and fill multiple times with oil, and it will always turn milky with the slightest amount of moisture. diesel fuel will instantly get rid of the moisture. Hope this helps,good luck.!

that has a lot of moisture in it. i would be pulling the cover and flushing it out with brake cleaner before refilling it. i replace chaincase oil every year on the trail sleds and it always comes out grey looking. i usually let them sit with the plug out overnight before i refill them and set the chain tension. using royal purple 75w140 in all my sleds.

Back