New srx 700 silencers being produced in Sweden in 2023

norwegian

Dynotest Yamaha SRX700 Tikka PPC damper with adjustable exhaust pressure. Completely stock sled 140.7hp/8100rpm. Tikka PPC damper with low exhaust pressure setting 147.3hp/8200-8300rpm. We are now building SRX700 mufflers for those customers who have already ordered. Will be building a few more dampers in the coming weeks which are not sold.

Very nice. Matts is little bit of a local legend, a reputable engine builder and a qualified dyno operator. I had some stock class dragrace sleds dyno'ed at his place back in the days...

As others said, a picture would be nice.

There was supposedly also a small run of SRX silencers manufactured the other year by another Swedish company called "Leaded Race Supply", (which seems to be a side business to Yamahacenter Östersund). I never did see it live or even a picture, put they posted pictures of the ones they built for the VMax-4 stock pipes:

Well, i've never seen one..but i think you adjust backpressure bye adding screws to some sort of a reversecone in the can outlet, more screws =more backpressure/top end power.

Works just like a smaller stinger dia. Your regular aftermarket can almost always have less backpressure than stock, so it won't hurt the motor, that's why they tend to loose top end hp/speed.

Backpressure builds heat, so you need to follow Tikkas recommendations as he develop theese in his dyno, or you be buying new pistons.

Well, i've never seen one..but i think you adjust backpressure bye adding screws to some sort of a reversecone in the can outlet, more screws =more backpressure/top end power.

Works just like a smaller stinger dia. Your regular aftermarket can almost always have less backpressure than stock, so it won't hurt the motor, that's why they tend to loose top end hp/speed.

Backpressure builds heat, so you need to follow Tikkas recommendations as he develop theese in his dyno, or you be buying new pistons.
Good explanation.
It was a common trick for grass draggers to add a smaller diameter pipe inside the end of the expansion chamber.

Back