Repro clutch weights

Matt Braap

Hey all, I’m considering making a repro clutch weight for 1990s twin VMAX 600s. I’m new to sleds but have successfully made a couple carburetor parts that are custom. Any thoughts on a weight to use? 8CA? Maybe take that and add the weights like a heel clicker has for a complete kit. Or perhaps a different weight to start with.

Hey all, I’m considering making a repro clutch weight for 1990s twin VMAX 600s. I’m new to sleds but have successfully made a couple carburetor parts that are custom. Any thoughts on a weight to use? 8CA? Maybe take that and add the weights like a heel clicker has for a complete kit. Or perhaps a different weight to start with.
Running 8CA weights in a 99 600 triple. Engaging about 5000 and pulls real hard so pretty aggressive for trail riding,

Running 8CA weights in a 99 600 triple. Engaging about 5000 and pulls real hard so pretty aggressive for trail riding,
Yeah that’s pretty high. I can’t find the stock weights so I’m going to go with the 8BU in my trail rider. I’m adding some rivets so that it’s going to be 1.7 grams heavier than stock weight. Should bring my RPM down about 200. It’ll be interesting to see how it performs. If I do go with the reproduction weights, I’m thinking 8BU and removable screws to adjust weights

Back