Yamaha parts interchangeability

ToTheBar

Hello yammi guys! I have two friends both older sleds. One a 98 vmax sx600 twin. The other a 02 viper700. On the sx we need a front pto side motor mount the rubber insert and the viper needs a front heat exchanger as I blew the track off it last year (I was first to ride it right after he bought it. He said see how fast she goes). Anyway we can’t find these parts. Just wondering if anyone knows who sells parts for these older machines? Also are all parts interchangeable from different years as long as the motors are the same displacement? Haven’t owned a yami in ten years but I had a 600 vmax with 25000km original motor. Great sled. Any input is appreciated

as to the viper, it shared the rear heat exchangers with the srx and 2004/5 sx venture 700 with same hood sleds. might be able to get one of those used as both are out of production. you could also get the one in the sled welded with the drive axle out and suspension. lots of guys have done this when they threw a stud and wrecked the exchanger. yamaha does show stock for the sx venture one witch is an up dated part #

HEAT EXCHANGER ASSY​

8EK-12440-10-00​

as to the motor mount, they are still availible aftermarket https://www.royaldistributing.com/ca_en/sports-parts-inc-engine-mount-sm-09211.html

for used, try @viperking or @BETHEVIPER as they used to part out those sleds.

Thank you I couldn’t find the motor mount in the book! As to the heat exchanger I think it’s done for we had to tow it to shore with a piece of the track torn and repeatedly hitting it.

royals new online look up sucks. i prefer the paper book/old online look up for them. i found it on an online parts search with oe yamaha part #.

good luck with the cooler. just glad they still make the one for the 04/05 sx venture 700 as it looks the same as my brothers 02 viper.

Thanks guys. Still trying to find one locally but I appreciate any tips on parts because we’re always breaking them

Thanks for all the help we finally ripped them apart tonight. Is there a trick to getting the drive shaft out? I see there’s a torx on the clutch side drive shaft but I know it will snap or seize. I have the lower sprocket off and the 4 bolts on primary side off. Drive shaft moves side to side easily but we can’t get it out. Watched a YouTube video and he pulled the back half of the chain case off for bad bearings but don’t know if we have to do that? Any tips on getting skid back in? Never seen 3 bolts a side? Also I got a pic of the damage if you think it can be JB welded or not let me know. It’s not nearly as bad as I thought
Thanks guys. Still trying to find one locally but I appreciate any tips on parts because we’re always breaking them

Thanks for all the help we finally ripped them apart tonight. Is there a trick to getting the drive shaft out? I see there’s a torx on the clutch side drive shaft but I know it will snap or seize. I have the lower sprocket off and the 4 bolts on primary side off. Drive shaft moves side to side easily but we can’t get it out. Watched a YouTube video and he pulled the back half of the chain case off for bad bearings but don’t know if we have to do that? Any tips on getting skid back in? Never seen 3 bolts a side? Also I got a pic of the damage if you think it can be JB welded or not let me know. It’s not nearly as bad as I thought

with the 4 drivers on the shaft, you need to pull the chain case off of the sled to get the drive axle out.

Back